Thursday, January 12, 2012

William Everett Diaz-Llaneza

Our baby boy was born exactly two weeks before his due date on 12.18.2011.
I should start with his sweet birth story but to sit down and write it requires a bit of time. And time, my friends, is something I have very little of these days.
It's coming though and soon before I forget any of the little details.

Until then I want to write. I want to write to help me remember all the sweet moments that are happening on a daily basis.


Like today my Willie and I took our third bath together. Yes, together. His plastic hand-me-down tub doesn't stay warm and he hated it.
The next day I read somewhere about a mom bathing with her babe and after some research, to make sure this was safe, we ended up in the tub together.
I placed a towel on the bottom of the tub, filled it with water just high enough so that I can hold his sweet head above while his bottom dangles beneath. He loves it! I love it.
He hates when it's time to get out...back into the big cold world.
So today we stayed in the tub until all the water had drained. I just sat there holding you wrapped all snug up in your hooded bear towel. At one point I heard sucking motion and when I glanced down you were sucking on your little thumb. It was such a sweet moment.
One I vowed then and there to never forget.

I so adore this baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment