Thursday, April 7, 2011

the avett brothers and john.


A few years ago I was introduced to The Avett Brothers.
I can honestly say it was love at first listen...I adore the banjo, bluegrass makes me happy and folk music is one of my favs. Basically The Avett Brothers have it all.

John aka Fields is one of Mr. P's first peeps he befriended after moving to Greensboro, NC all the way from Mexico City when he was 8.
John is sweet, cute, funny (also single ladies!) and he too loves music.
He's introduced us to some great artists over the years.


Thanks to John I saw The Avetts in concert, for a second time, Halloween 2008.
In fact after the show I saw Seth Avett backstage and gave him the ever cool thumbs up followed by a good ol' fashion "good job"!
Way to be cool Emily!

Now this Saturday, again thanks to John, I'll be seeing my favorite band for a third time.
I love live music and I can say without a doubt they are one of the best live shows you'll ever see...they are just so passionate when they play.

After a very long week I could not be more excited for Saturday!
Hey, maybe I'll even get to redeem myself with Seth...I think the classic "great set" might do the trick.

Happy weekend darlings.
xo

*John if you happen to read this then THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!
If not, I'll just tell you over and over and over again this weekend.

**First photo found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment