Monday, August 23, 2010

saturday & happiness

Last week my hubby cancelled a trip to visit his sister in Raleigh so that I could attend the Zac Brown Band concert.
Later in the week, after a sweet & thoughtful text from Mike (bro-in-law), we decided to head to Raleigh on Saturday to surprise Tarina (my WONDERFUL sis-in-law) after all.
We drove up and spotted Tarina mowing the lawn.
Thankfully we were driving The Dood, which she didn't recognize.
We parked and casually strolled down the sidewalk until she spotted us.

It's in those first 30 seconds of being there that I knew without a doubt I made the right choice in skipping the concert.
Family is so very, very important.
I'm lucky, incredibly lucky, to have amazing family.
Neither of us have a particulary large family that we regulary keep in touch with, but the ones that we do mean the world to us.

We spent the entire evening and afternoon just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
We had a lovely dinner of grilled chicken, artichokes, veggies and corn-my favorite.
My only wish is that we could have stayed longer.


As we drove home that next afternoon I felt overwhelmed with happiness.
Life just felt perfect.
I have many of those moments.
They come when I'm arriving home after work to my husband and my 4 legged son.
They come when I'm surrounded by friends or family.
It's a feeling of pure happiness, that all is right in my life, that I'm where I'm supposed to be and with a man who couldn't be more perfect for me.

I hope you all get this feeling from time to time.
Every time that I do I remind myself to never take any of it for granted and that I can always improve on my already amazing life by being an even better person.

Sorry for going and getting all sappy today.
I couldn't help it.
xo

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post! Nothing makes me happier than feeling the love in others. You certainly made the right decision, my dearie.

    Know that we all missed you to pieces :)

    I love you!
    Chels

    ReplyDelete