Monday, January 24, 2011

books and friends.


Do you remember Chelsea?
She was behind this former favorite blog and now she blogs for Skirt! Find her here.

Chel Belle, as I usually call her, has helped orchestrate the book club I now proudly call myself a member of.
I'm in the process of reading our first book and I have to tell you that it's made workouts and bedtime way more exciting than before.
When I used to work uptown I'd take the bus to and from work and the biggest perk of not having and driving my own car was not that I lived 1+ years road rage free, but that I was constantly engaged in a great book.

Anyways, I digress...
I constantly find myself thinking about how lucky I am to have such an amazing group of ladies in my life.
Just last night after a quick shower I somehow ended up in deep thought and feeling very grateful for the women who inspire me daily.

For instance:
I have one friend who is the most organized person I know and I strive to be more like her in this way and many others, another friend owns her own very successful boutique, another her own design company, a long distance friend of many years has moved from one successful job to another and just finished up a stint working 4 days in NYC (my new favorite city) for a few months, one best friend is ALWAYS thinking of others and doing unbelievably sweet things, another recently started working with a new company and is already one of their most requested stylist, one of my loves is an amazingly talented writer and will without a doubt do big things...in fact I'm certain they all will.
I could go on and on. I really could.
You all know who you are and I love you with every little part of my emie heart and I just wanted you to know.

Oh and if you'd like to read along with our book club, Chelsea will keep you informed.
xo

2 comments:

  1. we truly are blessed to have each other. A close group of (awesome ) friends whose hubby's all get along doesn't always come easy! Thank u for the sweet words...I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a sweetheart love bug! I am truly blessed to have stumbled upon a fabulous group of women and their men! again- WHY didn't we meet sooner ... I could have been the flower girl in all your weddings ... REDO!

    ReplyDelete