Monday, January 17, 2011

a sticky bribe.



Well I can honestly tell you that I was so ashamed of myself for disappearing on you yet again, that I thought about staying in a permanent state of blog hibernation.
I couldn't though. I missed it too much. I missed you.

We could pick up where we left off but that seems foolish now, doesn't it?

Instead I'll try and win you back with a quick and easy, yet very scrumptious recipe.
It's the perfect remedy for those rainy, dreary, Monday night blues.

Here's what you need:
Graham Crackers (warning: I bought the generic brand recently and it tasted like paper. Nabisco is the way to go!)


3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
Milk Chocolate-go crazy or don't, just use as much as you'd like. If you really wanted to be fancy you could use dark chocolate here. I had mini Hershey kisses and chocolate chips so that's what I used.
3 Cups of Mini Marshmallows


Line your cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray that with cooking spray and line up 12 graham crackers side by side.


Heat butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
*Hubs and I both agreed that these did not need the caramel sauce. What's funny about that is that without it, I'm basically telling you how to make s'mores in your oven.
That's right folks, after a 3 month hiatus, I bring you nothing but the best!

Next you want to poor this lovely sauce over the graham crackers. I think a less is more approach is appropriate here. Lesson learned.


Bake the graham crackers in your oven, preheated to 350 degrees, for about 5 minutes until the caramel is nice and bubbly.

Now top with marshmallows and chocolate, continue to bake for another 3-4 mins.
I also turned my broiler on for about a minute so that the tops of the marshmallows were nice and browned.



Lastly, enjoy!


Now here is the part where I tell you that me and my new fancy computer have big plans for this blog.
Then you tell me that you'll believe it when you see it.
So to that I say fine, just promise me you'll stick around.

Until tomorrow my sweets.
xo


2 comments:

  1. STICKIN AROUND! I see what you did there!!! :) yum with a side of yum ... I want one of those NOW!!! me and my friends have a date with your friends above on Feb 1st .. now how many of those did you eat? and how many did Mr. P eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar Bear I swear we all, meaning myself, Pepe AND the dog, ate so much we were sick.
    Next time I make them there will be at least a dozen people around to help us devour them.
    xo

    ReplyDelete