Wednesday, January 19, 2011

november 2010.

I think I can safely say that November was the busiest month of the year for us.
Every weekend was filled to the brim with fun and football, lots of football.

Did I tell you that while in Savannah I dropped my cell phone in an unknown pool of water and I also left our camera charger?
Fortunately for me many moments were captured on camera by my wonderful friends.

A big highlight was Gay Bingo.
An event in which we dressed up in sparkly, colorful duds, danced and played bingo, all for a good cause...RAIN (Regional Aids Interfaith Network).


The second weekend of November was quite a whirlwind.
Hubs and I traveled on Thursday afternoon to watch our Hokies beat Georgia Tech.
Early the next morning we headed back to my hometown, Norton, VA, to watch my brother and the JIB Raiders beat their rival, the JJ Kelly Indians.
Finally the next morning we headed back home to meet up with best friends for November's coed dinner club hosted by the hostess with the mostest, Leigh Teague.
We spent a good two hours trying to navigate a local corn maze and then headed back to the Teague's for a hearty fall meal.


I think my favorite trip taken in all of 2010 would have to be our trip to New York.
I've always known I'd love New York, but I had no idea just how much.
I was left speechless (something that happens whenever I'm in awe) multiple times during that 3 day trip.
When we first returned I day dreamed of New York multiple times daily. Now I still think of it often and cannot wait to return (and take LOTS of pictures)


Sadly these are the only two pictures taken during the entire trip and they were snapped using my hand-me-down blackberry.
Ridiculous! Right?

The month ended with our second Friendsgiving at the Barzee's. This year Sarbear and Johnny joined us and I can honestly say that it couldn't have been a better day/night.
The ladies wore coordinating aprons, we made a perfect meal and drank/ate way too much.
We are all already looking forward to next year.


So we are now half way through this game I call catch-up. I'm looking forward to sharing the present...there are some pretty exciting things happening.
But first we must tackle December...see you tomorrow.

Nitey nite.
xo

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad "you're back"!!!!! Your blog has now become my morning "fix". what a lovely start to my day......
    I love you emily!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nostalgically reliving the last few months through your posts. : ] Keep up the good work, love!

    ReplyDelete