Tuesday, July 6, 2010

the 4th


Our holiday weekend began with breakfast at The Egg in Davidson with best buds, The Barzees, followed by a few hours at the pool, drinks and seafood at Vinnie's Raw Bar and Midtown Sundries, and lastly games and laughs at our best buddies home.
It was the perfect, fun filled day!

Then Sunday my sweet husband woke up with a case of pink eye.
We spent the day and night in the bedroom hiding from the light that irritated his eye even more so.
I left the house only to pick up medicine for my sweets and an $8 dinner consisting of cheese pizza and magnificent crazy bread/crazy sauce.
*side note: when we were young my sister and I used to LOVE going to Little Ceasar's. They used to have a memory game similar to the Simon and I was pretty freaking amazing at it.
Sometimes when my mother was a few stores down grabbing groceries or shopping at Goody's, she'd let my sister and I spend that time and every quarter we could find on this game.
We'd rack up soft drink after soft drink until we finally won crazy bread or every once in a blue moon, a WHOLE freakin' pizza.
Good times!

I didn't really see any fireworks this year. Well except for some lame-o ones the neighbors were letting off that I was able to catch by standing on one of the chairs on our back porch.
There's always next year, right? :)

Monday we were off work and I almost went stir crazy, but somehow still lacked the motivation to get off my rear end and do something productive.
Luckily I was saved by the trainwreck known as The Bachelorette and the very entertaining after show of Jake and Vienna.
Once again, good times!

Hope you all had happy Fourth of July!
xo

1 comment:

  1. I felt like Pepe watching Jake and Vienna. I had to keep stopping and starting just to catch my breath. Totally entertaining and awkward!

    Jake is an arrogant nutcase. Vienna is super annoying. That's my assessment :)

    ReplyDelete