Thursday, July 8, 2010

my son




Almost 3 years ago Pepe and I were sittig on his couch.
I was bickering with him about what to watch on tv.
To keep me from insisting he turn what I don't remember, but am still certain, was a bad tv program, he suggested I visit my favorite online site "Pet Finder".
I happily obliged and almost right away I laid eyes on the pup who has since become my first son.
When Mr. P laid eyes on our then blue-eyed boy he knew as well that he was "the one".
That coming weekend we set out to visit "Buck" and his brothers and sisters at Petco in Concord, NC.
Since there are usually "waiting periods" before you can adopt a dog we simply thought we were setting out for a proper hello.
Little did we know they'd see in us the potential to be great parents and send us home with a bundle of joy that very day.
He curled up in the shopping cart as we stocked up on goodies at Petco.
Our little man slept and slept and slept, he was "tuckered out" as Pepe perfectly put it and this led to my sister suggesting we change his name to Tucker, middle name Putnam.

Tucker Putnam Diaz-Llaneza is the best first son a mother could ever hope for.
He spoons with me in bed every single night, he is overjoyed every SINGLE time we come home even if it's only been 5 minutes since we last left, he gives stinky fish kisses that I can't help but love, he eats anything we drop on the floor, he loves going for joy rides, he's a momma boy but LOVES to play with his daddy and I'm pretty certain he's going to live forever because he knows I can't survive without him.

So that my friends is the full story on how our four-legged son came to be.
Just in case you were wondering. :)

1 comment:

  1. That was absolutely PRECIOUS!!! Feeling so warm and fuzzy after reading that. Thank you, sweet girl. Hugs and Kisses. Sarah P.

    ReplyDelete