Tuesday, July 20, 2010

food.

As you probably know from a previous post, in just a few days hubby and I will embark on a fitness challenge with two other couples who also happen to be our best friends.
In the weeks leading up to this challenge we all figured it wouldn't hurt to pack on a few pounds before the challenge started so that we'd have more to lose and a higher percentage of body fat to burn.
Starting Thursday Mr. P and I will begin a very intense diet and workout regimen.
Therefore we took the last week or so as an opportunity to eat some of our very favorite foods that we normally wouldn't even think of consuming.

Here's what that looked like....








1. Krispy Kreme in Greensboro, NC. I hope hubby won't mind me sharing with you that he consumed 8 of our dozen in one day!
2. Potatoes, not too bad for your, right? When you fry them in butter and top with parmesan then I'm not sure? *Thanks for this recipe mama san! We popped these bad boys like candy!
3. Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, 'nough said!
4. Lemon Raspberry Bars that normally would be a somewhat healthy dessert choice, but certainly not something I'll be consuming in the next 2 months.
5. When I think comfort food I usually think pasta! My sweet mama san sent back lots of herbs from her garden so I pounded some chicken breasts, stuffed them with proscuitto, fresh mozzerella and basil. I then used my favorite pasta, fettucini, to absorb my favorite bottled marinara and voila! A comfort meal fit for a king!
6. Hubby and I LOVE sheet cake, so when I laid eyes on these large individual sized piece at Target last night I knew it would be the perfect accompaniment for sitting on my bum and watching Bachelorette last night.
7. Last, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, Five Guys Burger and Fries. I L.O.V.E this place!!!!

I can honestly say that I've never felt this disgusting in my whole life.
Not only did we succeed in packing on a few pounds, but we are now even more motivated to start working this weight off.
Stayed tuned for weekly updates my dear blog friends and wish us luck.


1 comment:

  1. You didn't even mention the cookies. "COO-KEEEEES!!!" : D

    ReplyDelete