Tuesday, July 27, 2010

saturday.

My wonderful mother's birthday is on Friday.
To celebrate we are trying to make it a tradition to visit Asheville for the Bele Chere Festival which always falls around the last weekend of July.
This was our second year and it was better than last even though we only went for one day/night.


We left Charlotte, mama san left Norton, early enough for us to meet at Sunny Pointe Cafe for one of our favorite breakfasts.
I had the breakfast salad and it was not only genius, but delicious...maple vinagrette is where it's at (what does that even mean?)


Next we made our way to the Tobacco Barn Antique store that was housed in an old tobacco barn...shocker, right?
This place was huge, it was hot and it was filled with so many antiques you could spend all day there.
My only purchases were a milk bottle (I love these for fresh flowers) and an old metal 'E', 'D', and 'P' (I'll show you these @ a later date).

Next we headed downtown to visit Minx Boutique which is now a favorite of mine and a must-stop on any Asheville trip.
I picked up a cute black mini skirt for only $20 that I can't wait to wear once I've dropped a few L.B's.



After checking into our hotel and freshing up it was time to brave the crowded streets of the festival.



We filled our bellies at Early Girl Eatery with salads for sister and I and crab cakes for Mama San.
This restaurant, like so many in Asheville, had fresh, good quality ingredients that really made for an amazing meal.



Then we headed to Sazerac's rooftop bar stopping along the way to browse the street vendors goods.
We came across these amazing tshirts which will now be a favorite of my entire family.


After a few fancy pants cocktails it was time to make our way to Jack of the Wood's for some bluegrass music.


But not before running into Scott Teague!!! It really is a small world folks.


The bluegrass was amazing, the day was indescribably perfect and this is a trip that will stand out in my mind for the rest of my life.

Before heading home the next day we had breakfast at Moose Cafe. I can't accurately tell you how amazing this place is!
Just look at this breakfast!


Perfection on a plate.

Until next year Bele Chere... LOVE!

2 comments:

  1. Emie, Sons of Ralph was supposed to play at my wedding...but things fell through. Aren't they so amazing?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? They truly are amazing! :)I'm going to buy their cd this week. My mother, sister and I stood there for an hour and a half with big grins on our face the whole time they played.
    Hope you are doing well pretty lady.
    xo

    ReplyDelete