Wednesday, September 22, 2010

today.

This morning, like so many mornings recently, my alarm was set so that I would wake up early enough to get a little workout in, but instead I snoozed and spooned my 4-legged son for a whole hour.
I rushed to get ready for work and I left the house looking as if I belonged to a polygamist group living in Utah.
You think I'm joking, but let me assure you, I'm not.

Once I arrive at work I remember the toilets needed to be cleaned, my most favorite office manager task.
Then I sat on the phone with a help desk employee who spoke little English only not to have my problem resolved.
This folks, was going to be a heck of a good day!

Luckily lunch came early and I had enough time to visit Harris Teeter and pick up ingredients for an asian chicken salad I've been dreaming up since Sunday.

On the way I called my Mr. P because I always call him...even when the only thing I have to say is that I'm dressed like one of five wives.

Later that afternoon I received an email from my sweet husband apologizing for being "blah on the phone".
Funny thing is, I didn't even think he was blah.
He was just preoccupied with his fancy new Droid (the man loves his toys).

To say he was sorry he sent me this photo:


He sure knows the way to my heart...Flowers and fuzzy puppies. :)

Now I'm waiting for this last hour of the day to pass so that I can return home to my sweet husband, my own beautiful flowers and the cutest pup a gal could ever hope for.


Happy hump day!

*Roses were purchased at The Fresh Market last week and everyday I come home to them looking even more gorgeous!

1 comment: