Tuesday, September 14, 2010

yikes.

I disappeared. Again.
I'm sorry, I truly am.

This is going to be one of those posts where I catch you up on recent happenings in one fell swoop...bear with me.

Labor Day Weekend
Packed up the 'The Dood', outfitted him with a Hokie Flag and headed to Leesburg, Va.
That drive is breathtaking....mountains & farms, green everywhere you look.
We stayed with our wonderful friends Brian and Jill Diemar (who have a little one on the way).
Saturday they made us an AMAZING dinner of ribs, grilled chicken, cajun mac n' cheese and veggies...it was glorious.
Sunday we visited a beautiful Virginia Vineyard, Fire Works Pizza (words cannot describe my love for this place) and later a surprise birthday/hokie bash.
Monday with plenty of coolers in tow we boarded a charter bus and headed to Fed Ex Field in Maryland.
We tailgated, we had a ton of fun, we lost.
We freaking lost with 1:09 to go.
It was heartbreaking.
It stung for about a week.

We headed back home for what was a short two day work week for me.
Thursday I joined my wonderful co-workers for appetizers, wine and Mary Poppins at the gorgeous Blumenthal Theatre.

Friday I had breakfast with my sweetie, a doctor's appt. where I spent $50 to be told "it's a freckle", went to the farmer's market and cleaned our house from head to toe (almost).
That evening our dear friend's who we've coined "The Chorman's" came in town from Raleigh to spend the weekend watching football with us.
It was the weekend I've needed...even though we stayed busy it was still relaxing.
HOWEVER, we lost. We lost AGAIN. To J freaking M U!
Disappointing to say the least.

So that's about the past two weeks of my life in a nutshell.

Why do you not get lots of pictures to accompany this post?
Because like the bad blogger I've been recently, I've had my camera battery charging for a week and a half. I'm so scatterbrained recently that I keep forgetting to put it back in the camera.

So you'll have to settle for these camera phone photos I took at the VT vs. Boise State game.
My apologies friends.





See you back here tomorrow. I give you my word.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment