Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The weekend....

was one fantasy football win away from being absolutely perfect.

Friday I cleaned the house, I made a birthday dinner for my sister that consisted of my melt in your mouth baked bbq chicken, roasted veggies and of course a celebratory dessert in the form of an eclair cake (thanks mama san for the wonderful/easy recipe).
After dinner we played a long round of Apples to Apples and then tucked ourselves into bed.

Saturday started early as we headed to one of our favorite places, Blacksburg, VA.
We meet up with parents-to-be, The Diemars, at Rivermill for a few pre-game libations (well minus Jilly Bean who had water).


The stadium was filled with Hokies in orange because unbeknownst to us it was "Orange Effect".
We had pretty great seats for cheering on our Hokies to their first win of the season.

Afterwards we headed back to Rivermill for the best bbq chicken tacos I've ever had, but more importantly to meet up with The Diemars once again.
They had waited until after everyone left the stands to open up their little envelope they'd been carrying around since Friday, in it contained the sex of their bambino/a.
I'll share that later once I'm certain it's public knowledge.

After frolicking around B-Burg for a few hours, hubs and I headed back to the always snazzy Econo Lodge where I later learned I won both our 'Friend's Pick'em' and 'Family Pick'em' for a total of 300 bucakroos. :)

Sunday, after a stop at Macado's, a restaurant we frequented in college, we spent the rest of the day the way every football Sunday should be spent...on the couch alternating between the games and shows on our DVR.

What a glorious time of year it is.
Tomorrow is the first official day of Fall and I couldn't be happier about it. After the Summer weather we just had (and are still having mid-September) I've decided Fall is now my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment