Friday, May 21, 2010

the good with the BAD


The BAD:

I learned Whitey, my beloved Nissan Versa, and I may never spend another day together.
You see I was in accident. A stupid, stupid accident about 3 weeks ago.
Whitey was taken to a body shop where about $6,500 in work was done on her. She was cleaned up and ready to go except for resetting the airbag.
HELLO bump in the road.
They can't seem to get the airbag to reset. Not sure what that means, all I know is that if they can't figure it out, I won't be getting her back. :(
Say a prayer, if that's the kind of thing you do, if not keep your fingers crossed.

Next, I locked myself out of my office. It was almost time to head home and in an effort to be a good employee I decided to take out the garbage.
The door, it locks behind me.
I'm left standing in the 80 degree heat holding my rental car key and wondering how in the world I'm going to get back in my office where my purse, my house keys, my office keys and cell phone waited on me.
After unsuccesful attempts at trying to climb through a window and kicking a door down, I made a very embarrassing call to my boss.
Crisis averted, ego bruised.

I learned that I came in 4th place in our Survivor fantasy league, my third 4th place finish in this season's reality tv league.

I received a lovely property tax bill in the mail for Whitey. Poor, poor whitey.

I'm working 6 days. Yep, tomorrow, on what I'm sure will be a beautiful Saturday, I'll be sitting at a desk until 5pm.

The Good:

I have a very sweet husband who has been driving me to and from work up until I finally gave in and got a rental car yesterday. He drove at least 24 hours over the past two weeks. 24 hours! He could have easily gone to New York and back.

Today my birthday bathing suit arrives AND our new sheets. :)

Because I'm working so much this week I got a nice paycheck which will certainly help with the cost of poor Whitey.

After getting off of work tomorrow I have plans to meet best friends for good food, a blue moon or two or three and the first of our fall reality tv drafts.

I'd say the good definitely out weighs the bad, wouldn't you?

*This photo is COMPLETELY unrelated, but it's a photo of my husband the morning after our wedding eating the Hokie Bird that adorned his grooms cake.
It makes me happy!


1 comment:

  1. Click on a bookmark for my Baby's blog and.... AH! : O Oh, yeah.... I remember that. The morning after the best day of my life. Good times. : ]

    ReplyDelete