Thursday, May 6, 2010

pressed

So I bet you thought I was going to blog about taquitos and chips and salsa today, didn't you?
Nope!
My hubs informed me many years ago that Cinco de Mayo is not actually celebrated in Mexico. It's just another one of those cheesy made up American holidays (which I happen to secretly love and wish didn't fall on a Wednesday this year).
So we broke out one of our favorite kitchen appliances, The Griddler, and had apricot chicken paninis.
They consisted of: sourdough bread, grilled chicken, spinach, apricot spread (mayo, dijon mustard, apricot jam and chives), red onion and mozzerella.
They certainly weren't as good as my now perfected, barbecue chicken panini, but they've possibly earned a spot in our panini rotation.



For tonight I've dreamt up a southwest chicken panini that I think will be muy delicioso, I'll let you know!

P.S.- Many thanks to you friends that are already reading this blog. You make my heart sing! :P

1 comment:

  1. Well, not QUITE "not celebrated" (mostly in Puebla, since the famous battle took place there) but it's NOTHING like the taco and tequila laden bomb they set of here, which my gringo friends with HEAVY buyers remorse are regretting as we speak.

    By the by, the paninis were un-REAL. Em's got a real knack for them like everything else she does. : ]

    ReplyDelete